Full Downsizing Services
Art of Downsizing sets the standard in western North Carolina estate and personal property brokering for savvy consumers transitioning from an upscale family residence into streamlined, conscious living. We help families decide how to optimally minimize a lifetime of treasures or a house full of unwanted stuff. We can show you how to preserve, sell or incorporate personal possessions, heirlooms and private collections as you relax into a new style of living.
Our objective is to provide intentional, strategic personalized service, lighten your burden, and allow you to cash in your unwanted items without guilt or remorse
How it Works:
- Plan: After contacting Art of Downsizing and scheduling a face to face or phone consultation, we will give you a free quote to fit your specific needs.
- Coordinate: Upon approval and finalizing the quote, we’ll get to work! This may include signing a contract, coordinating appraisers and movers, setting a date for auctions and WNC estate sales, or helping you decide what to keep and what to sell or recycle.
- Handle: We will manage as few or as many of our services as you desire. In addition, in situations where there is a large estate involved, we can help to manage the disbursement to the heirs by contacting your attorney, family members or stakeholders. We may even decide to use the Internet as a platform to declare preferred ownership of property or preserve keepsakes in an online gallery for sharing with generations to come.
- Check In: We will keep you regularly updated on progress throughout the process. At the end of the project or move, we’ll check in to see if you need anything else to make your transition as smooth as possible. We will never pressure you, but will keep things moving according to your time frame.
- Personal Property and Estate Sale Consultant: We offer one-on-one hourly consultations for the individual or family who wants to DIY their estate liquidation, or needs ongoing service and support for heirloom appraisal or online auctions. We maintain a network of contractors and collaborators that we are happy to introduce to you.
- Estate Sale Creator: We can coordinate and manage your entire estate sale. We recommend and can work within 1 or 2-week setup time, manage a 2-3 day sale onsite (or 5 to 7 days online). We will inventory what goes to sale and what is sold, donated, auctioned or respectfully recycled. Enjoy a full-service experience: strategic researched pricing, staging, promoting the sale, bonded and insured staff, clean up, security and complete on-site delivery or private viewings.
- Auction House Liaison: For North Carolina auctions or national auctions, we work with you to identify the most appropriate sales venues for leveraging heirlooms and antiques. We are constantly researching the market to know what is selling and where your most advantageous market is located. We broker to both national and local auction houses when possible.
- Appraisal Coordinator: We can help you identify and set up meetings with local or regional appraisers for personal property such as jewelry, antiques, furniture, art, books, and more. If a specialist outside the area is required, we can coordinate logistics of meeting via phone/video conference and in person.
- Personal Property Broker: Position your items in the best possible selling strategy and platform. We use a professional network to sell items to private collectors or groups on your behalf.
- Home Organization: Art of Downsizing and Moving Forward with Cindy help you organize rooms, entire homes, and storage spaces for maximum safety, accessibility and showcasing your home for sale under current real estate market demands.
- Home and Estate Cleaning: We contract with a stellar network, so you may enjoy a thorough and conscientious cleaning of your property and sites. We'll make your home ready for an estate sale, cleanup following the sale or get it ready for showcasing on the real estate market. We will arrange for hauling of large items and debris.
- Moving Coordination: We will help you pack, plan the best strategy for accomplishing a minimalist lifestyle, or make suggestions on what to take into your new optimized living space. Last but not least, we can schedule and coordinate our trusted moving partners to assist with Moving Day and provide security and supervision during the move.
- Online Sales: Art of Downsizing is a seller's best friend and secret. We make it so much easier to sell smaller, collectible items to a national buyer's market using our Ebay store or online auctions with Estatesales.org. Our team will identify items which are trending, photograph, list and arrange for delivery of your personal property so that you get the most for your unwanted personal property.